• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stock 5.0.1 with TWRP and Rooted but OTA not working?

I apologise if this is not the correct forum so someone please correct me if necessary thanks.

I have a Google Nexus 10 with the Stock 5.0.1 ROM, an unlocked bootloader, and a custom TWRP Recovery.

My Nexus has just automatically downloaded the 5.0.2 update but when I tap on INSTALL it simply boots into TWRP Recovery. If I try to manually install from there I get the "failed" message?

I think this may be because my bootloader is unlocked but before I lock it I need to ask some questions. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (Intl) which I have been rooting and switching custom ROMs with for a couple of years so I am familiar with rooting and flashing recovery and ROM images so will hopefully understand any replies so here goes:

1 Will automatic update resume if I lock my bootloader again?
2 If I do lock my bootloader will anything happen, that is, will anything get erased/restored?
3 If I laterUNlock my bootloader will anything happen, that is, will anything get erased/restored?
4 In summary I'm thinking I can lock my bootloader to allow the automatic install of update 5.0.2 and then simply unlock the bootloader again if I need to?

I would appreciate any comments/advice. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom