• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock email app

fldude99

Android Expert
Does anyone use the stock email applicaiton? Just wondering what, if any, advantage or difference it has vs the gmail app, which is pretty good IMO

I just got my Transformer last week (LOVE IT), and I have been using the stock email app. I just like it because I've got multiple email addresses that I check regularly, and it can manage them all. Others who have had the device longer may be able to give you a better answer though.

I use the stock app for the notification widget. The Gmail widget is not to my liking visually. I wisht he stock app worked with push on gmail though.

If the stock email app doesn't support push email I don't see what it's good for. I also have multiple email addresses & I just forward them all to gmail

I also FWD all my other email accounts through Gmail, that way I get them all in one place.
I prefer the interface of the Gmail app as well and since I dont use the widget that isnt a factor.

Back