• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root STOCK MICROMAX A87 BOOT.IMG with sd-card as internal storage support

hemanth

Sep 22, 2012
hi guys

1st i would love to thanks to all xda-developers.com and androidforums.com for providing the guide-clues- methods - ideas for everything ,credits goes to all xda-developers and androidformus users for help

special thanks to ph03n!x from xda-developers.com for the guide

well there was few other guides which i checked but would not get the result finally was able to mod boot.img to mount sc-card partition as internal memory for the a87

note:
micromax a87 supports ext4 file system so i have modded with ext4 fs(all system partition are ext4 fs)

here is how to do:
remove your sc-card and place in card reader and plug-in to system

1#backup your sc-card
2#downlaod minitool or any other tool has u like
3#now lets us assume that i have 4gb card
4#now make 1st partition as primary for fat32 with 2gb
5#now make another primary partition with ext4 for 1gb or more
6#now make another primary partition swap for the remaining space (if u dont need swap then skip this step)

now insert the sc-card to the phone and make sure phone is swithched off before u insert sd-card

now press down volume button and power button to goto fastboot mode

open cmd and navigate to adb folder and copy downloaded boot.img to same adb folder

now type is command

fastboot flash boot boot.img
thats it

then
fastboot reboot

ur phone will restart

note : nomally a87 load boot 1st and then mounts the sd-card (because sd-card takes bit time to mount)
with this mod boot it will take bit 5-8sec more because system is waiting for the sd-card to mount and then loads the boot files which contains the command to mount the sd-card ext4 partition as internal storage

when i tested it i felt bit slow because internal storage is sc-card partition ext4 ,so anyone interested plz try and comment here

links
Dev-Host - a87 stock boot.img with sd-card as internal storage support - ext4 fs.rar - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

a87 stock boot.img with sd-card as internal storage support - ext4 fs.rar Download - Directmirror.com - Upload & Mirror your files! (+10 servers)

happy modding guys!

Reactions: sooraj87
well when i tested it it was working.have u disabled any app before flashing?

and by the way i felt os reaction was bit slow ,whats ur reply?

no i disabled nothing....
yup phone gone slow as because i used swap also,if swap is disabled then it behaved as normal.....

swap+internal storager to sd ==> pain in the a** for the SDCARD and phone ;)

Upvote 0
hi guys

1st i would love to thanks to all xda-developers.com and androidforums.com for providing the guide-clues- methods - ideas for everything ,credits goes to all xda-developers and androidformus users for help

special thanks to ph03n!x from xda-developers.com for the guide

well there was few other guides which i checked but would not get the result finally was able to mod boot.img to mount sc-card partition as internal memory for the a87

note:
micromax a87 supports ext4 file system so i have modded with ext4 fs(all system partition are ext4 fs)

here is how to do:
remove your sc-card and place in card reader and plug-in to system

1#backup your sc-card
2#downlaod minitool or any other tool has u like
3#now lets us assume that i have 4gb card
4#now make 1st partition as primary for fat32 with 2gb
5#now make another primary partition with ext4 for 1gb or more
6#now make another primary partition swap for the remaining space (if u dont need swap then skip this step)

now insert the sc-card to the phone and make sure phone is swithched off before u insert sd-card

now press down volume button and power button to goto fastboot mode

open cmd and navigate to adb folder and copy downloaded boot.img to same adb folder

now type is command

fastboot flash boot boot.img
thats it

then
fastboot reboot

ur phone will restart

note : nomally a87 load boot 1st and then mounts the sd-card (because sd-card takes bit time to mount)
with this mod boot it will take bit 5-8sec more because system is waiting for the sd-card to mount and then loads the boot files which contains the command to mount the sd-card ext4 partition as internal storage

when i tested it i felt bit slow because internal storage is sc-card partition ext4 ,so anyone interested plz try and comment here

links
Dev-Host - a87 stock boot.img with sd-card as internal storage support - ext4 fs.rar - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

a87 stock boot.img with sd-card as internal storage support - ext4 fs.rar Download - Directmirror.com - Upload & Mirror your files! (+10 servers)

happy modding guys!
hi guys plz help me a87 dead

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones