• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock Recovery For Event

JayTeeDee

Does any one have the stock recovery.img for the Kyocera Event i found this site Recovery Builder and i think if i had the recovery.img that i or anybody out there could make a touch or non-touch ClockworkMod Recovery.img. i got a version of Flash GUI to work on my event and that would allow me to flash the recovery.img if i can get the stock recovery.img.

And if i cant get the stock for the event will the stock kyocera rise recovery.img work on the event, i read on one of the forums that the kyocera rise is a sister phone to the event and that the specs are pretty darn close so it might work:confused:

Does any one have the stock recovery.img for the Kyocera Event i found this site Recovery Builder and i think if i had the recovery.img that i or anybody out there could make a touch or non-touch ClockworkMod Recovery.img. i got a version of Flash GUI to work on my event and that would allow me to flash the recovery.img if i can get the stock recovery.img.

And if i cant get the stock for the event will the stock kyocera rise recovery.img work on the event, i read on one of the forums that the kyocera rise is a sister phone to the event and that the specs are pretty darn close so it might work:confused:

This will not work. Trust me on this. All that will happen is that you will get a custom reboot. I've been there, done that. Tested on all three sister phones: Hydro, Rise, Event. Look through the Rise forums, you'll see.

The problem is that the bootloader is locked, and Kyocera and VM refuse to do anything about it. Yes, on some devices with locked bootloaders they can have custom roms/recoveries, but these three are security checked, so it doesn't work :(

Back
Top Bottom