• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock Recovery

The Volt is just a variant of the F90 with more ram, among other improvements. I believe the F90 has only been released as its Volt variant, and never as the F90. Since the forum for the F90 came out first, we've been using it for all of our Volt discussion.

I submitted a post to the mods and admins asking if the two forums could be merged, since the LG F90 as a phone doesn't seem to have actually been released and since most of our Volt discussion is already on this forum.

i already msged a mod no need. at the time that i created the root thread there wasnt a volt forum

its the same phone

how it should be is

ls740 forum
subforum boost (f90)
subforum virgin mobile (volt)

we can still help each other ;)

ls740 forum
subforum boost (f90)
subforum virgin mobile (volt)

That doesn't seem quite right. Both Boost and Virgin have the exact same phone, the LG Volt LS740. So far, as far as I've seen, what works on the Virgin version works on the Boost version and vice versa.

From my understanding, the Volt is either the Sprint (including Boost and Virgin) or the U.S. version of the LG F90. The way the media has written about the F90 leads me to believe that it was supposed to sell internationally, or possibly to other U.S. carriers, in its F90 form, but just never got to it for whatever reason (possibly because the Volt is superior spec-wise).

So, back on topic. I found this recovery builder tool
Recovery Builder

I believe you mentioned it in a different thread, donjuro. I've flashed recoveries and roms before, but I'm certainly no developer. Would this work?

EDIT: Also, download link is broken

I tried using that recovery builder, but something seems broken about it.
Edit: link should be fixed now
BTW, I found out we can use flashify. The tool might prove useful in the future, but as of now this recovery.img was extracted through terminal.

Yea, I see what you mean. It doesn't seem to properly link up to that jenkins.cyanogenmod page it gives you links to. I looked at the XDA thread for it too, it hasn't been updated since 2012.

Back
Top Bottom