• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help stop em dead call blocker

DWFII

I am looking for a call blocker that will prevent a blacklisted number from ringing through.

I have a Samsung S6. I have tried other call blockers and have been dissatisfied for a number of reasons--either too many ads or 'blocked' numbers still ringing three or four times.

searching on the Internet I came across several that seemed acceptable, such as Safest Call Blocker, but further interest gives me a window that says "the app is not found on Google Play."

Any one have a recommendation for a call blocker that will actually block calls...stop them dead, no rings. I don't mind buying the app to be shut of ads but I don't want a yearly subscription. Free would be best and simple welcome--set it and forget it.

I also use Youmail and it's the best one by far. I have been using it since April and it has beaten all the other call blockers I have used.

Well, I am interested but I am a little leery of the voicemail bit and what I understand as Youmail answering (and having access to) my phone calls.
Like a lot of the apps at the Playstore, it's not explained very well or very completely. Nor on their website for that matter.

Well, I am interested but I am a little leery of the voicemail bit and what I understand as Youmail answering (and having access to) my phone calls.
Like a lot of the apps at the Playstore, it's not explained very well or very completely. Nor on their website for that matter.

I understand.

The voicemail aspect is great as well. Customize your own or choose from a library of voicemail greetings.

FWIW, the voicemail played to spam callers is the "This number has been disconnected" message.

What call blockers have you tried? I've tried many and they don't block as well and many of the calls go to voicemail which I don't want.

Back
Top Bottom