• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Storage and Download help

DruganG

Lurker
Jan 28, 2016
Is there a way to download apps or do updates without having to go through the internal storage? My 510 desire initially started with a 4gb internal memory. I then added my 16gb card in the external slot after the 4gb internal filled up faster than I expected, but even though I have the option to go to external storage not phone storage selected, it still tries to go to the phone when I try to update or download from google play. I deleted pictures and music from the internal card, but as of this moment it is still reading as full? apps 716mb, music 14.65mb(no music other than default ringtones I'm guessing?) , photos and video 203mb(if there are pictures or video on the card I can't find it), other 3.09GB(standard sprint stuff for the most part i guess).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones