• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help STORAGE: Move To Phone - greyed out ... SOLVED

Capertom

Lurker
I'm using Moto G 2nd Gen; KitKat 4.4.4
Had previously, successfully used the "Move To SD Card" button on several apps.
Now, 2 months later, that option is greyed out for all apps. AND the "Move to Phone" button is now greyed out for apps that had been moved to SD Card. SD card is functioning normally otherwise. Attaching picture of app moved to card but not able to be moved back to phone:

Screenshot_2015-03-13-15-21-10.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-13-15-21-10.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-13-15-21-10.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 565
Not enough space?

Perhaps try to reinstall app? See if you can get it installed on phone directly and whether you can reproduce your error with a freshly installed app.

SOLVED ... I believe I've found the answer. About a month ago I had switched the runtime from Dalvik to ART in an attempt to make my battery last longer and make operations smoother. I think that this was accomplished. I switched back to Dalvik to see if it had any effect on my issue above and sure enough I was able to move many apps back and forth between SD Card and Phone. So I think I will move what I can to SD Card for now and then switch back to ART. I could noticeably see the battery going down faster on dalvik runtime.

Back
Top Bottom