• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help streak not recognised by any pc/laptop

Selenna

Lurker
Having read through various threads here and tried some of the options I still have a problem with my Streak.

I don't know exactly when it started but it stems from the 2.2 update, I had a problem where the screen froze and the only way to clear this was to disconnect the battery, then recently it crashed altogether by showing a "Force close" indicator and going into a loop where nothing would clear it apart from a trip to the supplier:mad: who reinstalled 2.2.

Since then whenever I connect to any PC/laptop it doesn't do anything but charge the device, nothing shows on the streak or PC to indicate a connection or driver download :confused:

I have tried downloading the Sync suite from Dell but all I get after the download is in the attached picture

Any Ideas guys?
Dell2.jpg

Well if anyone is interested in a fix for this problem here is the solution........

Take it back to the store......They return it to Dell......Dell send a new Streak

I have never had much luck with the sync software or anything either, but then I haven't really cared either as I don't know what I would want to sync. My work laptop recognizes it and knows it is a Dell Streak, but my home pc which has the Dell software installed, only sees it about 1 out of 10 times.

Since the contacts and information is synced OTA, I don't really care about anything else. I have a bunch of music that I have downloaded but it is pretty constant, so I don't re-sync it either.

Maybe I am just lucky, but it pretty much runs on it's own. I just wish I could get it rooted again after the 2.2 update.

There was another problem that developed in that it wouldn't charge a completely flat battery from the pc, charge plug or car socket, fortunately I had a spare that was always kept charged.

Back
Top Bottom