• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stream live free to air TV channels on android

deltaforce

Android Enthusiast
Apr 17, 2012
Hello folks,

I am curious if there are any apps that stream live free to air channels on android devices. The channel specific apps ask you to be verified using your TV provider which while I am not too sure how legal it is, pretty useless for the cord cutters. The articles on the web are 2 to 3 years old and many of the apps do not exist. I had no issues streaming UK based TV but so far no luck with the US based TV.

hugetv.org could stream in low quality but I could not find any android app for this.

Many thanks in advance.

If you're in the UK, streaming UK channels usually is no problem. US from overseas can be difficult, and in fact things like Hulu actually go out of their way to detect if you're using a VPN to defeat their IP address geo-restrictions. A couple of people I know use Slingbox to watch TV from the US here in China, and that does work on Android with the Slingbox app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones