• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stuck In Bootloop

Hi I'm hoping someone can help. I have a galaxy s5 g900f and since the marshmallow update it started randomly restarting. it was only once or twice a day so I put up with it assuming that a future update would help. since then I have unlocked the phone to use on all networks with a code provided by EE. The phone worked ok for a couple of days then it done one of its random restarts but it seems to be stuck in a Bootloop and won't get past the "Galaxy S5 powered by andriod" screen. it loads as far as that screen and then just restarts. I've gone into recovery mode and cleared cache and done factory reset but that didn't help ! please someone help save my phone

Hi, sorry to hear of your problem, if it was happening to me I would download the latest firmware from SamMobile onto my computer and use the program called Odin to reflash the phone, instructions on doing this are easy to find using Google, good luck. Phil

Hi, sorry to hear of your problem, if it was happening to me I would download the latest firmware from SamMobile onto my computer and use the program called Odin to reflash the phone, instructions on doing this are easy to find using Google, good luck. Phil

Hi Phil thanks for your response. I went on SamMobile and got the latest firmware for g900f EE version and installed with Odin but it's still stuck in the loop

Just a thought but if your problem started with MM, try reflashing with Lollipop, I don't know if it would work but it seems you have nothing to lose. Phil

Just a thought but if your problem started with MM, try reflashing with Lollipop, I don't know if it would work but it seems you have nothing to lose. Phil
cheers again Phil. I tried this too but still no joy. I just wanted to get it fixed as it was gonna be for my son as I've upgraded to s7

Back
Top Bottom