• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Studio Quits + No Photo Edit

Jul 29, 2011
Hi All,

I wanted to adjust a picture from my gallery and when I tapped on studio, I got a message stating that it may or may not work, as some functions are unavailable.

I tried edit function and got a message saying I needed to download photo editor?????? (I've used it for a year on this same phone without a problem). I decided to play ball and hit download, but got a message saying that my phone was not eligible for that download.

I restarted the phone 2x and that didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Andy

Hi Andy. Have you tried to (backup your photos/videos first) clear cache and data for the gallery app (settings/applications/application manager/all) and reboot your device? Normally, when you open the gallery again, it should force the app to rebuild itself and the database. I don't know if this will help, but I would try this first and if the problem still there, the factory reset would be an option. I know if the phone is rooted than you can probably just reinstall a stock app, my note 4 is not rooted and clearing the cache and data for an app usually helps. Hope you will get rid of the problem, let us know.

Upvote 0
you mean updates for the gallery app? Yep, uninstall them too. Another thought, first - uninstal updates and check if the app is back to normal functioning, may be some latest update was glitchy. If studio will work again, then you can install updates again and check if it still works as it should, if not just uninstall them once again, wright down the update version (from play store) and wait for the next update... Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones