• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Suggestions on a Windows USB login Key

I frequently have to log into multiple laptops either using my regular AD acct or my Administrator account and both passwords are long and the Administrator password changes every 30 days.

I was hoping someone could suggest a USB key that I could use to enter these credentials, change change when needed and use it to enter either my regular or Administrator credentials instead of me needing to type them in myself.

I don't need mult factor authentication, just the username and password for either my regular AD account or my Administrator account.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

This is just me speaking, and I certainly don’t know the nature of your work or your employer, but I would have been fired for using a key for any of my credentialed logins (including DA and EA as well as my individual which opened most doors anyway). I feel your pain, but that’s a security nightmare. And if you have ever had to change those kinds of passwords, with all of their cascading relationships and dependencies, you’d never want to carry anything like that.

In any event, I would strongly suggest checking with your boss before going further down the path of your quest.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
I frequently have to log into multiple laptops either using my regular AD acct or my Administrator account and both passwords are long and the Administrator password changes every 30 days.

I was hoping someone could suggest a USB key that I could use to enter these credentials, change change when needed and use it to enter either my regular or Administrator credentials instead of me needing to type them in myself.

I don't need mult factor authentication, just the username and password for either my regular AD account or my Administrator account.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Most newer androids have an option for setting as security key for google, not sure if google is integrated in your laptops.

You can also buy USB keys. Just don't lose lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones