• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Superuser and root for apps not working on stock update rom

behold_this

Android Expert
as the title says superuser and root for apps is not working! i installed BH_MAN's stock update rom (which was supposed to have root for apps, as far as i know) and cannot use apps requiring root. also superuser doesn't seem to actually be working. Can someone please help? everything else works great! I just need to use apps that require root. Thanx!:D

You must have done something wrong. I'm running the updated rom and root access works just fine. Did you upgrade from the old kernel or new kernel?

All I can say is ODIN back and try again.

You must have done something wrong.

No that's not it! I'm not a moron and can follow simple instructions!! I did install it twice already and it's with the old kernel because I Odin back to original cause the real update has too many new bugs. BTW what a really helpful post you made there.:rolleyes:

**update**
ok so its the strangest thing. master rest didn't fix it, the first reboot didn't fix it, the second didn't either or even the third, but on the four reboot (yes reboot, not re-install) both apps started working! if anyone else has problems try reboot several times.

will a mod please lock this thread

Back
Top Bottom