• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swiftkey busted my phone.

matther22xdroid

Aug 26, 2010
Indiana, US
So I love swiftkey and finally decided to give it a try on my V20. Boy did that go bad, immediately after I installed it I went through the setup steps, all downhill from there. The phone started freezing up and the home screens were extremely glitchy when swiping between home screens. Attempted a restart and that didn't even help. So I ended up uninstalling.

Anyone else with similar issues?

Did you calibrate your keyboard (go into settings)? I've had neither of those issues with Swiftkey
I've been into the phone settings and Swiftkey and don't see this?
under SwiftKey there's a long press duration (under keys).
Likewise, under phone settings under language and input, pointer speed, I made it a bit faster to test.
Please elaborate were to find calibrate?

Upvote 0
Did you calibrate your keyboard (go into settings)? I've had neither of those issues with Swiftkey
For what it's worth, according to Verizon community there is no current calibrating the capacitive touch screen...

Unable to calibrate screen,per Verizon
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-208177/
"Touch Screen Settings - LG V20™

This device uses capacitive multi-touch technology. Screen calibration is not supported at this time. The capacitive touchscreen requires your skin to touch the screen. If you are using a screen protector your screen may not work as designed."

Update: There definitely is an issue with my screen and even after a second FDR I still have issues using the paste function. Found it quite frustrating trying to paste a model code or account number into Samsung webpage for warranty repair on my Gear Fit2 watch. Two separate sections to input info and neither would accept the paste! On the acct number it actually gave a different function request that i can't recall at the moment, but paste wasn't it...
Going back to using the LG keyboard what did get fixed was the issue with trying to swipe text "my" or any word starting with "m" and so far no issues with any "m" word getting an "!" with swiftkey keyboard.
It does still glitch and not allow to copy or respond to different parts of the screen with touching it, which would confirm there's an issue with the capacitive touch screen having issues. I reported to Verizon tier 2 tech support 12/14/16 and when i called back Thursday and spoke with another tier 2 support person nothing was seen or noted? WTH really?
At that point i was told that VZW has a software update tool you could do through your PC connected to your phone, which had issues and the function to update or repair phone was grayed out and couldn't access this function... SNAFU
At this point i had no other alternative but to FDR the phone, which i stated above is what i did.
I think I'll start another post and post to make it easier to find and see if anyone else has experienced this...
I plan on using my other line to order another V20 through Costco to test, swap out with because I'm still within my 90 day window. Can't beat Costco's return policy AND there's no restocking fee like with Verizon, which doesn't offer a 90 day return with the ability of getting a new phone and not a refurbished one... ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones