• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Switched off phone for long periods of time

Mann_mann

Lurker
Hi, I have Samsung Galaxy j7 max. Now i got gift new phone. So I am using new one. Hence I want to keep my samsung j7 max for as a backup phone. Is any problem/issue occurred if I kept my phone switched off for long periods of time(i.e. 6 months or for year)? What precaution I have to take? Can discharge battery to 0 percentage. Or keep charge for certain percentage and then switched off? Is any battery or any circuit, or any other issue occoureo/happen if I kept switch off for long periods of time and after power on after few months/year? Plz help me/suggest me about the same. Also plz let me know what precaution I have to take.
Plz note: Samsung j7 max having non-removable battery..

If you don't use your phone, do a factory reset and sell it before it becomes an antique item.

As said above, battery discharge to 0 is bad, but it's inevitable if you don't use the phone.

In case you want to keep your phone, you should charge it once every 6 months or so. Why I say 6 months? It's because when I bought my newest phone and switched it on, the battery shows 45%. Based on the production date the phone might have left the factory 4 months ago with a pre-charged battery, so the monthly discharge rate (with no load) could be somewhere between 12~15% depending on the battery's capacity.

I was going to suggest selling it while it's still relevant, but @lvt beat me to it! :D

Seriously, instead of letting it age in a drawer, sell it now while it's still worth something, and sock away the money from its sale to use when you need a new phone.

I was going to suggest selling it while it's still relevant, but @lvt beat me to it! :D

Seriously, instead of letting it age in a drawer, sell it now while it's still worth something, and sock away the money from its sale to use when you need a new phone.

You say it 2x better :)

Back
Top Bottom