• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Switching Between Kernels and ROMs

ekaklm

Lurker
Hello,

I'm new to the site and was able to successfully flash the Platinum ROM last night.
I currently have Vampirefo's kernel, my question is do I need do anything in order to flash a new Kernel (e.g. do I need to format or anything), or can I just go to recovery and apply it from zip?

I also had the same question in regards to flashing a new ROM.

Many thanks.

Hello,

I'm new to the site and was able to successfully flash the Platinum ROM last night.
I currently have Vampirefo's kernel, my question is do I need do anything in order to flash a new Kernel (e.g. do I need to format or anything), or can I just go to recovery and apply it from zip?

I also had the same question in regards to flashing a new ROM.

Many thanks.

Remember, use Ultimate Kernel V3 for a wicked fast phone. Oh and make sure your formated to EXT4. If you need help with that, just message back here saying you'd like some. :)

[TheAndroid];2677299 said:
Remember, use Ultimate Kernel V3 for a wicked fast phone. Oh and make sure your formated to EXT4. If you need help with that, just message back here saying you'd like some. :)

From complete stock (where I am now since my latest screw up) how do I go about getting this set up?

we really need stickies on this forum for these root/unroot guides

I agree. I had my phone set up pretty well but then I read this and decided to give it a try. I was going along just fine until about halfway through the instructions for the EXT4 recovery when I got errors that did not go away following the steps provided - so - back to stock (Eclair even! and I had never even seen it since I have am new to Android) and then updated to stock Froyo. On the upside, I am learning through trial and error.

Still need help with my above question if anyone has good step by step instructions for me - or a link to them maybe?

I agree. I had my phone set up pretty well but then I read this and decided to give it a try. I was going along just fine until about halfway through the instructions for the EXT4 recovery when I got errors that did not go away following the steps provided - so - back to stock (Eclair even! and I had never even seen it since I have am new to Android) and then updated to stock Froyo. On the upside, I am learning through trial and error.

Still need help with my above question if anyone has good step by step instructions for me - or a link to them maybe?

http://androidforums.com/transform-all-things-root/307457-guide-custom-recovery-root-2-2-guide.html

If you are stock, follow this guide and get rooted and Froyo. After that I would recommend the Ubuntdroid rom. Personally I find this the fastest and smoothest. I really like the zeam launcher.

http://androidforums.com/transform-all-things-root/307457-guide-custom-recovery-root-2-2-guide.html

If you are stock, follow this guide and get rooted and Froyo. After that I would recommend the Ubuntdroid rom. Personally I find this the fastest and smoothest. I really like the zeam launcher.

NOW I see this. LOL. I just managed to get it done on my own with lots of trial and error of course. But not with Ubuntdroid rom - the one I mentioned above. I have never tried that one.

Back
Top Bottom