• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sync Contacts with GMail - One Way Only

Vlad Soare

Hello,

I'd like to synchronize my phone contacts with the GMail account, firstly to have a backup in case I happen to lose my phone, and secondly to be able to transfer them to a new phone when the need arises.
However, on GMail I have a different set of contacts. I have friends and acquaintences with whom I only interact by e-mail, and who are often different from the ones I call or receive calls from. I wouldn't want to mix them up. I wouldn't mind if my phone contacts appeared in the GMail contacts list, but I would mind seeing e-mail-only contacts on my phone.
I believe that synchronizing the phone with the GMail account will merge the two lists and will create identical copies in both places. Is that correct?
Is there a way to "synchronize" the phone with the GMail account only in one direction? That is, sending the phone contacts to the GMail account, but without bringing the GMail contacts into the phone?

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom