• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sync Dropbox Photos in Gallery App?

Jerome10

Jul 9, 2011
Been searching left and right and I can't seem to find the answer....

I use Picasa, and all uploaded albums to picasaweb have synced nicely with my phone and my Nexus 7 tablet. I go to the Gallery App, and everything is right there. Photos I took with the phone, downloads, picasa, screenshots, etc. All from the gallery app. Really like it.

Now, is there any way to do something similar, but with photos stored on Dropbox? I know you can go into the dropbox app and look and do slideshows and all that there, but I would love to have the dropbox photos show up right in my gallery app next to my camera photos, my picasa photos, screenshots, etc.

I cannot seem to make this work unfortunately. Is there a trick? Or at the moment the only way is to go into the dropbox app?

This is what I found on line. Haven't try it, because I do whatever I can never to link or sync my stuff with dropbox :)

But, give it a try, perhaps it will work for you:

Create an album on the Dropbox website

After signing in, click on Photos in the sidebar on the left.
Click on the photos you want to be part of the album. A blue border and checkmark will appear on each selection.
In the blue bar across the top of the page, click the Add to album... button.
Select New album from the menu and enter the album name.
You can also create an album by clicking + Create new album in the sidebar on the Photos page.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones