• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

System Update

UKCatFan

Android Expert
I received a system update today. I was hoping to see what anyone else experienced with it before I install it since I am not rooted so it is not easy to revert back. I am assuming it is to go to 4.4.4. Has anyone else installed it yet?

I keep getting the notification about the update with the new version: 21.23.56.en.US Android 4.4.4 but I didn't tried it until a few minutes ago and it didn't installed maybe because I'm rooted. I haven't install the custom recovery by Shabby yet so I really dont know why it didn't installed, I also defrosted all the apps that I had frozen, so again I'm not sure why it didn't installed yet I'm glad that my phone didn't got bricked or nothing like that. However, I was able to snatch the update which it size is 41.17MB and got it saved just in case anyone wants it.

I think some of you are going to be happy with this update since they addressed the SD card issue. I still have not installed it, but wanted to share the info.

Attachments

• 1409505427357.jpg
    1409505427357.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 93
I purchased my motor G a week ago and it immediately installed 4.4.4 so I don't know any other except my old phone with Gingerbread. So far I have only two problems
a) I keep accidently dialling from the speed dial
b)when I am trying to follow a map, it switches the screen off at the pre-determined set time ie 1 minute
I have a 16GB SD card in it.

Update:
Motor G 4G. 2 weeks old, SD card 16 GB 1 week old, system worked fine for a week and then decided that there was no SD card installed, I took it back to the Meteor shop who unplugged the card and re-installed it, the system then ask to reformat the SD card, they did this and of course I lost all of my pictures but it is working again.
I don't like these faults that do not have an answer, will it happen again when I have a lot more pictures on the SD Card that may mean something?

Basic rule od thumb ... never put anything on the phone you are not willing to loose, have stolen. or fall in the hands of your worst enemy.

In the case of pictures you care about ... copy them to some other device so you still have them.

... Thom

The update was driving me crazy and popping up all the time, so I went ahead and installed it. So far I see no difference, but I was not having a single problem to begin with.

As for the picture backups, why not go ahead and do a cloud auto backup like through Google or Amazon?

Back
Top Bottom