• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help T-MO Nexus 6 on VZW

Androidcurious

Android Enthusiast
So I was in a T-Mobile store playing with one and the sales guy said they actually have stock. I bought it because Tmo's version is supposedly unlocked.

Anyway, using it on VZW with no issues but two:

1.) I do not get VM notifications. People can leave messages fot me, but the phone does not indicate there is a message waiting. Any shot VZW visual VM will work with my model?

2.) I notice data doesn't work while on a call. I thought this wasn't a problem for Android phones on VZW?

Maybe after Verizon officially gets the N6, they may offer visual voicemail. For now, you can try Google voice Lite - same functionality, with free voice to text transcription (not that accurate though).

Maybe after Verizon officially gets the N6, they may offer visual voicemail. For now, you can try Google voice Lite - same functionality, with free voice to text transcription (not that accurate though).

I didn't even think about Google Voice, duh! Thanks so much.

So I was in a T-Mobile store playing with one and the sales guy said they actually have stock. I bought it because Tmo's version is supposedly unlocked.

Anyway, using it on VZW with no issues but two:

1.) I do not get VM notifications. People can leave messages fot me, but the phone does not indicate there is a message waiting. Any shot VZW visual VM will work with my model?

2.) I notice data doesn't work while on a call. I thought this wasn't a problem for Android phones on VZW?

Just curious... which phone did you come from? Did you need to cut your sim card or you came from a phone which had a nano sim?

The Nexus6 doesn't support simultaneous Voice + Data currently because it lacks SVDO and because the SD805 has a single radio. If Verizon finally decides to release and officially support the phone and it gets "Advanced Calling" (i.e. Voice over LTE).

The Nexus6 doesn't support simultaneous Voice + Data currently because it lacks SVDO and because the SD805 has a single radio. If Verizon finally decides to release and officially support the phone and it gets "Advanced Calling" (i.e. Voice over LTE).
Gotcha. Thanks for the answer. Not a huge deal, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom