• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-mobile no longer selling HTC 10 :(

Uh oh, that cannot be good. Unless 3 months is the typical length of time for a phone to be offered by T-Mobile?
T-mobile was the only carrier that was offering both colors, silver and gray (might have been an online only thing or offered only on HTC.com)

Why not buy it on HTC.com? You would have your choice of color. It comes with JBL noise cancelling headphones (limited offer) and a 100$ credit (limited offer)

Maybe there in lies the problem? Maybe T-mobile saw HTC.com as trying to undercut the carrier's sales by offering the better deal by including accessories and rebates?

I'm looking forward to October for the rumored HTC built Nexus device(s)

Last edited:
Reactions: notacoach
Upvote 0
T-Mobile is discontinuing their support for the HTC 10. I don't think any software updates will come if you have the T-Mobile variant, unfortunately. There's been a lot of rumor mill on Reddit and XDA about this, most of it pointing to low-sales numbers over all the variants of the S7 that Samsung launched at once.

In all honesty, if you can't afford the phone outright as it is right now, you just can't afford it yet. Save your pennies, buy it when you have enough scratch on hand.
I use the same thought process for my other hobbies. Be it my old '98 Z/28, or my 1/8th scale RC fleet. If I can't afford it all right now, I can't afford it yet. I don't like being pinged monthly for payments on things if I can avoid it.

Upvote 0
For me and my budget, using TMo's no-interest payments works fine for me; a payment is already factored into my plan, and that's fine. I COULD buy it outright... I just don't want to. Also, unlocked Android phones don't always have the "call using wifi" feature, which I need because of the lousy signal at my house (for all providers, not just Tmo!)

I looked at Samsung phones today and still don't terribly like them. The only one I saw today I kinda liked was a Nexus 6p, but that would be unlocked rather than Tmo specific, and thus (as far as I know) not have the call over wifi built in.

Sigh.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones