• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help T-Mobile WIFI Hotspot, "Please wait while we verify your account"

Davidzzzz

Jan 4, 2013
Like the title hints, I would like to disable that account verification mechanism, since I think that is what limits me to 0.5 mbps, without installing a custom rom since I will lose WIFI calling if I do that, Cyanogenmod has no WIFI calling.

I have a Galaxy S5 G900T 6.0.1 Build Num MMB29M.G900TUVSIGPL1

I installed Clockwork USB tether and the speed is unregulated 50+ mbps. But I want the WIFI hotspot. I tried creating a new APN profile several times and setting the APN Type to default,supl,mms,dun and restarting, it did nothing. I changed the TTL value on my laptop to 65 and that did nothing.

I keep thinking if I can root the phone and remove the verification crap or remove the T-Mobile built in apps then I can get the WIFI hotspot to unlock it's full speed and I can keep WIFI calling (which is not essential for me but nice to have when there is no signal).

It might be built deep into the T-Mobile ROM somewhere. I wonder if I can even get full speed by installing Cyanogenmod, I installed CM Marshmallow on this phone before, but switched back to T-Mobile ROM to get the WIFI calling and upgraded to Marshmallow even though phone came used from Ebay with T-Mobile KitKat, I didn't think to test the hotspot, wish I would have tried out the hotspot while I had CM.

Just want some input before I reflash with Cyanogenmod.

Any help? Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones