• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Talking on the Phone and using Data at the Same Time

jabstep12

Has anyone successfully been able to talk on the phone and use your data connection at the same time? I am able to do that on the LG F3, so I assume this phone would be capable of doing it too? (Since is it supposed to be a better phone). I usually talk on the phone with a Bluetooth headset, and browse the internet and the same time (on the same phone). Has anyone been able to do so, and if so, what are your settings? I might be overlooking a simple option in the menu I am unaware of.

Thanks!

All the time and I never had to adjust any settings or anything. I just go to the home screen while in a call and click the browser icon and surf away. I can do it with or without Bluetooth. Was the same with my L9 too. What happens when you do that? Mary

Mary,

Thanks for the reply. Once I make a call, the phone's data connection completely stops. If I open up a browser while I am talking, there is no connection at all.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.

Sorry not having that problem. I just got my phone 2 weeks ago and it works fine talking and surfing the net at the same time. If you just got it take it back and have it looked at if it's done this from the beginning. Maybe try a factory reset. Mary

I think she's on Wi-Fi, you're not gonna get simultaneous data + voice with this phone.

Wfi or 4g I can talk and browse the internet at the same time so this phone most certainly can do that as I use it that way a lot. I am on t-moble $70 a month unlimited plan. I could do the same with my L9 before this too. Mary

Are you sure you're on the right forum? I don't think this phone is available on t mobile. Maybe you're thinking L90 not F90.

Are you sure you're on the right forum? I don't think this phone is available on t mobile. Maybe you're thinking L90 not F90.

Oh my so sorry. I must have bookmarked the wrong forums as it's the L90 I just got. In any case if the F90 won't let you talk and surf the net that is just stupid, sometimes you need to look something up while talking to someone and you are not at the computer. How come I can't find the F90 on the LG site or does it go by something else as I wanted to check the specs on it. Mary

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=838052
Here's the L90 forum, and the reason we can't talk and surf the web at the same time unless on Wi-Fi is because our phone uses a new type of technology on the sprint network for faster LTE theoretically capable of speeds of about 100 Mbps. It only uses one radio so there's no simultaneous voice+data.

Ok I see this phone is also called the volt? That is interesting about the LTE. I almost bought the LG f6 that is LTE and was going to pay the extra to use it on T-Mobile with the LTE so I wonder if that would have let me talk and surf. If not I would have been very disappointed. I have the right website bookmarked now. Mary

Back
Top Bottom