• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker vs. Smart Actions

zoxxo

Android Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2010
Issaquah, WA
So I'm wondering if there are any Tasker users that have moved over to Smart Actions? I like and use Tasker, but I'm always on the lookout to learn something new, and to see if there something that can do more.

(I wanted to make this into a poll, but I couldn't figure out how to make the poll fuction work)

Smart Actions was fine under Gingerbread. But with ICS, there is no "keep screen on" option, even with it set to do so under Developer Tools. So if you like using the clock feature or music or watch movies while in a dock, or if you use the car mode for navigation Smart Actions will dim the screen after 10 minutes. That's the longest setting it allows, then it's nighty night time.

Upvote 0
Smart Actions was fine under Gingerbread. But with ICS, there is no "keep screen on" option, even with it set to do so under Developer Tools. So if you like using the clock feature or music or watch movies while in a dock, or if you use the car mode for navigation Smart Actions will dim the screen after 10 minutes. That's the longest setting it allows, then it's nighty night time.

I cannot stand that change!

The only way to keep it on is to charge it while the phone is in the dock. That's how I got it to stay on in the car dock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones