• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TB armband for running

KatieJ

Lurker
Aug 24, 2011
I finally found a GREAT armband to go running with and thought that I would share it!
I have a thunderbolt and have been searching since I got it for something that I felt would keep it secure and still let me access all my touch screen features.
WARNING: I only checked this out with a thunderbolt, no other phones. And yes, it says for I-phone / i-touch but I checked the size before I purchased in store. (you can buy it online and in stores)

Amazon.com: Yurbuds V10-11AB-10401 Ironman Series Armband: Electronics

I took it out for a run tonight and have been thrilled! But check it out to see if it'd work for you. Some pro's and con's I found on my trial run.

Pros:
  • Able to access all of my screen!
  • Touch screen still responds even with a screen protector on.
  • The band itself has a slot for a house / car key.
  • The headphone jack lines up almost perfectly.
  • Good snug feel without being too heavy (with the phone being so big you don't need any added weight from the armband!)
  • The armband itself has some silver reflective material to help make you a little more visable if you run/bike at night.

Cons:
  • The packaging warns that the back of the armband is NOT water or sweat proof although even when the material felt pretty damp my phone did not.
  • The yurbuds and ironman symbols / decals on the front screen are more annoying than troublesome. (luckily they didn't cause me any issues but they are a little in the way)
There may be a few more cons after a few more runs but right now I can't really find more than two!

Hope this helps and good luck to anyone still searching!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones