• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Telus phone with Rogers SIM

d.yon.kim

Lurker
If I unlocked a Telus HTC Desire and used my Rogers SIM card, would I be able to get 3G connection on it?

The reason I'm asking is because I currently have 3G data service with Rogers. I used an unlocked BB Storm 2 a while ago, but I could only get 2G EDGE connection on it. I think it something to do with the "frequencies" of the different carriers?

Will this Telus phone give me the same problem?

Interesting... it should work as from what I understand they both use the same frequencies but not the same technologies (Rogers is using HSPA, Telus I believe is still using CDMA but are in the process of upgrading to HSPA+). Now, the HTC Desire is a new phone so it should work, while according to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_Storm_2) the Storm 2 you tried didn't have 3G capabilities and that's why you could only connect to an EDGE network.

Just make sure the phone is unlocked and compatible with Rogers' frequencies and it should work.

Since I'm not an expert in that field, I'll just give you what my X10a has on the box (it was a Rogers branded phone when I got it)

GSM/GRPS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 UMTS/HSPA band 1/2/5/6

If you can get the same info for the Telus HTC phone, see if it's the same.

Back
Top Bottom