• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tethering possible?

shezzy

Android Enthusiast
I know this device is new but was wondering if any of the devs lingering in this forum think wifi tethering (hotspot) will be eventually possible for this device?

Really hoping this device gets some dev love :)

Tethering is possible on all Android phones. Even if the device does not support it out of the box, there are third party applications on Google Play for this.

Tethering is possible on all Android phones. Even if the device does not support it out of the box, there are third party applications on Google Play for this.

Good to know..I know this device is new but I haven't heard of people tethering on it yet.

Tethering is the last thing preventing from upgrading from my S2..and maybe the fact that my gf will make fun of me for having such a large phone lol

Yeah USB can be a pain, especially when you forget where you put your USB cable, but it uses less battery than Wi-Fi HotSpot. in fact USB Tethering charges the battery.

Yeah USB can be a pain, especially when you forget where you put your USB cable, but it uses less battery than Wi-Fi HotSpot. in fact USB Tethering charges the battery.

Yeah - but what if I want the tethering for a non-pc device? Like a tablet etc... or multiple devices

Wifi tether will work. You will need a 3rd party app and need to figure out the correct settings. This device is nearly identical to the ZTE Warp 4G so you could head over to their forum and try the settings they came up with. Once cm is built for this device you will get native wifi tethering. This device is part of a group of devices currently being worked on so it is only a matter of time :)

Then Wi-Fi is essential. I'll check Google play for you to see if there are any Apps to suit your needs.

Thanks.. but I don't have the device yet. I used to use Wifi-tethering for root devices and Barnacle's wifi but without having the Maxx I won't know until someone else mentions it.

None of those work currently or at least I can get them working.. USB tethering works I use past net

Hmm wifi tether is usually the first thing i shoot for after a root, a couple more days and if its not been figured out ill be able to help! As Super R mentioned the warp4g is similar and has a thread devoted to tethering :)

Yep it's possible after rooting. I followed these instructions from another spot that I found and had perfect luck doing this after rooting

"to get the wifi working we must first get it configured. So i want you to follow these steps as directed to get it working. We are going to change the device profile inside the wifi app. Keep in mind i only have found one tethering app to work with tis phone and the app is called wifi tether eclipse mod found in an app called blackmart. i have attached both files for you to download. blackmart is just an android market that has access to paid apps for free all apps inside that app are free wether or not they have a price on them. Anyways lets get back to the tutorial. Download the wifi file and unzip it and install it on your device. Once its installed were going to click on the wifi app and open the app. Superuser should ask for access we are going to grant them access. Before you select to turn on the wifi tether we are going to select settings and head over to CHANGE DEVICE-PROFILE. Once there you are going to select GENERIC ICS/JB (WLAN0) once select you sould be back onto the menu. Second step is to select CHANGE SETUP-METHOD once here you are going to select NETD-NDC (MASTER) and once again you sould now be on the regular menu. This time we are going to click on FALLBACK TETHER and SEND NETD MAX CLIENT CMD. Once we have done all this we are ready to turn on the hotspot. Click on the back button and you sould now be on the main page of the app with the wifi logo to turn on hotspot. Click and tur on the hotspot your hotspot should now be working. These are the only settings tat can get this working on thhs phone i discovered thus far. If you need any help just pm me I am here to help as much as i can possibly help. I have had emails from others that ave needed help and ive emailed them all with help. So you can be assured that i would help out the best i can.

As far as the recovery for this phone ive build one recovery ad booted it onto my extra zte max but it bricked the phone so im back to square one. Ive got to figure out where the mistake is So im going to also look into seeing if tere was a recovery made for the 1st zte n9520 whic is the boost warp 4g lte. The two phones might have similarities. As soon as i get it working i will be posting it"

As far as the recovery for this phone ive build one recovery ad booted it onto my extra zte max but it bricked the phone so im back to square one. Ive got to figure out where the mistake is So im going to also look into seeing if tere was a recovery made for the 1st zte n9520 whic is the boost warp 4g lte. The two phones might have similarities. As soon as i get it working i will be posting it"

PhilZ Recovery was already made for the ZTE Max

http://androidforums.com/iconic-pha...recovery-philz-touch-6-19-2-need-testers.html

Back
Top Bottom