• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help tethering

i have a motoral cliq xt and i have gotten it to tether on my linux ubuntu but iv been having problems doing the same with my fedora 13 linux i have been useing an app called easytether is there any way i can get it to work with fedora or is there a different app i can use? and also how can i if possible update to 2.0?

i have a motoral cliq xt and i have gotten it to tether on my linux ubuntu but iv been having problems doing the same with my fedora 13 linux i have been useing an app called easytether is there any way i can get it to work with fedora or is there a different app i can use? and also how can i if possible update to 2.0?

There are a few tethering programs that will work on the CliqXT... though not having root of course limits us from running ones like Wifi Tether or Barnacle Wifi.

Nonetheless, there is PdaNet, however that does not support Linux as of yet.

You can more than likely get EasyTether to work on Fedora. Download Alien:
Alien ? Convert RPM to DEB or DEB to RPM Taufan Lubis – Ubuntu Linux

Alien will allow you to convert .deb to .rpm which is used in Fedora.

So download the ubuntu drivers from EasyTether's website ( http://www.mobile-stream.com/easytether/drivers.html) and converted them to an .rpm using Alien and you should be able to install it and get it to work.

Also there is another method to tether using Proxdroid: proxoid - Project Hosting on Google Code
However, this is one of the more 'complicated' ways.

Back
Top Bottom