• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text notifications

DKenn08

Lurker
Mar 15, 2016
Does anyone else have their text notifications revert to some random number notification? Right now my notification is set to 37392 and there is no sound. I can change it to my desired notification but it somehow gets back some number again and I have to do it all over again.

what carrier?
are you rooted?
clearly this has not always happened, so how long has this been going on?
does it happen to any caller from any network, or certain cell networks?
when you send an sms to a recipient, do they get it properly?
did you install or uninstall any texting apps prior to this issue?
soft reset the phone?
contacted your carrier to see if something is temporarily down/maintenance?

Upvote 0
Verizon and no the phone is stock. Only other msg app I've used is hangouts. As far as I can remember this has always been the case. No big issue for the most part. I've checked some others and they have a different 5 digit number that begins with a 2. So maybe them having different carriers affect that.

I may have figures out why just now. I could never find the general setting for text notifications to set the sound for all text notifications. I always had to go in one by one and do it. After digging in the settings and app notifications, I finally found how to configure the text notifications across all instead of individuals. We'll see how it goes now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones