• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Texting a contact list from Android to iPhone

Alison352

Lurker
Dec 22, 2019
Hi, I have created a group contact list (8 contacts are in this group). I have tried to send this list to everyone in the group. Unfortunately the people with iPhones only receive the 1st contact's Vcard. Those with Androids receive the whole list.
Here are the steps I use:
Open contacts
Choose intended group
Click on 3 vertical dots on top right
Chose "Share" from dots drop down list
Choose "All" on top left
Then at bottom of screen I choose "Share"
I then chose my texting app icon (Message+)
Then I fill in the "to" section with those I want to share the group list with.

Is there a way I can make sure iPhone users receive the whole list without having to download an extra app on either side?

Thanks in advance!

I just had a play and one of sharing options on my phone was to save the vcf file. If you did that you could check that it was correct before sending it.

But to be honest it looked very much like it was offering to send a single vcard file with all of the contacts rather than a set of separate files (which is what I would expect). And if it sent a file like that and the iPhone didn't read it correctly that would suggest a problem with the iPhone app. Maybe try resending using a different app (WhatsApp or similar) rather than SMS/MMS and see if that works better?

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones