• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The AI-Pin...a look into the future of wearable (integrated?) tech

Would you jump on board with this nexgen personal tech?

• Yes, it's a great idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, but I'll wait until it's more proven

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Probably not, at least so long as smartphones are so useful

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I can't imagine ever wanting something like this

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Imagine being in a roomful of folks wearing these things and all using them at the same time...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rootabaga

Android Expert
Aug 11, 2014
Crazyville, CA
I'm not an early-adopter type and I'm not the target audience for what may be the "next generation" of personal technology...but it does make me wonder about where this is all going.

And yes, I realize it's not Android...yet. ;)

I was thinking of a combadge as well, although that product already exists, in a bluetooth form, along with a TOS communicator. I used to get people doing double takes when I used that communicator as a 'phone,' especially if it went 'boop boop' indicating incoming call, and I flipped it out and started using it.

If it involves surgery though, no thanks. I don't like the idea of humans being even more disconnected from nature or more robotic. The whole cyberpunk thing disturbs me, as I'm more wanting to return to the 1950s way of life. Every time I watch The Andy Griffith Show I keep saying "I would be happy in Mayberry" I think we lost a lot with the dependence on internet, smartphones, and how cold and sterile towns look today with all the overly white LED streetlighting, and Times Square style digital billboards.

I would just be a lot happier if there were some way I could find one slice of city where time stopped after 1960. Shop there exclusively, then return to my already time-capsule home. Of course, any illusion is ruined the instant someone whips out a smartphone and starts a'scrollin'

Reactions: BrickHouse
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones