• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The best Text Message app?

tablet2011

im looking for a new Text message app and just wanted to know what the best ones to use are?

I at the moment are using the Go Text message but would like to try a new one out.

Install the textPlus Free Text + Calls application. Free calls and texting from between US and Canada. Its a free app from the play store.

Handcent to me is gosms -3 I've used it all pretty much gosms is the best, or if you like speed just stay stock

Another vote for Handcent. I'm sure there are other messaging apparel that does this or that and the other thing but Handcent has been working for me and don't see a need to change. Subscribed to their online services for only $10 a year and coupled with Swype, Smart keyboard, or Swiftkey, I'm good to go.

Use Handcent.
My favorite features -
- Pop up message no matter what you're doing allows you to easily reply
- Can customize settings to accept MMS group messaging so you can group chat with Iphone users.
- Can control sending long texts with "split 160"
- Several other customizable features in settings that you can play with but those are probably my top 3 reasons why I use it.

After you install it simply go to settings in your stock messenger and turn off all notifications, then I replaced the home messaging icon with Handcent.

If you're also looking for a good replacement phone app that leverages ICS logic (I hate the stock app that SGS2 came with for Phone/Contacts) use ExDialer and ExContacts. Love the feature of swype right to call, swype left to text...

Back
Top Bottom