• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The best UK mobile network for Galaxy S2 in Dundee?

You have mobile 'phones over there? I thought you Taysiders were still on the "two tin cans and a length of wet string" network..... :p

Nearest experience I can offer unfortunately is S Aberdeenshire (Braemar across to Stonehaven direction), which isn't much use to you. :(

Best I can offer is that Three's usually great in urban areas with good coverage, but tends to drop off rapidly once you get outside major population centres. That's my experience north of Perth, anyway.

Upvote 0
My old man had terrible reception in Montrose with O2, but his 3 Mobile dongle worked pretty well by all accounts.

I've never had issue anywhere with Orange (Stonehaven included), they can now piggyback on T-Mobile's network (2G and even 3G now). T-Mobile also use the same network as 3 (there's some funny arrangement between the 2 via a company called MBNL). So your best bet might be TMobile.

Reactions: uzee and Slug
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones