• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Knight is the Shift and 4G...

Yeah I read up on that earlier. Interesting, so Sprint is going to make a line of EVO phones like Verizon does with the Droids.

I'm glad I got my Optimus and didn't wait because it's 4g and I'm sure it will have the "not for 4g" $10 extra change on it. ;) The phone itself looks sweet though.

Yeah I read up on that earlier. Interesting, so Sprint is going to make a line of EVO phones like Verizon does with the Droids.
That would be cool. So next summer they'll have the Evo 2, Evo X and later the Evo Pro.

Honorable mention to the Evo Eris and Evo Incredible.

Honestly, I might hold out on an Epic or an Evo just to see what this Knight/Shift is. My Moment is a 6 month old piece o' crap, and I've been torn between the 2 E's. If this new 4G phone is an Evo with a keyboard? Hell yes. Problem solved.

I have been waiting to see what the Shift 4G is all about before diving in. I went to Target and played with a T Mobile G2 today and if the Shift 4G is similar to that I will love it.

The Evo screen is too large for my taste. I like the 3.7" screen size best. The 4" epic screen is ok but i don't like Samsung phones. I want an HTC.

I also hope they include a front facing camera. That would be the one downfall I could find with the phone if they don't include it. I would love to video chat with my 2 year old son during my lunch at work.(Wife will be getting same phone as me)

I know it may have an 800mhz proc and at first was dissapointed in that but from the benchmarks done on the Desire Z and G2 it looks like it will perform as well or better than the Evos proc anyway so I am not too concerned about that. I hear the G2 proc is very good at overclocking too so I wouldn't be upset at all if that is the proc this phone ends up with.

No camera, smaller screen.... and still the "Premium Data" fee. Bah, pass.

Is sprint going to release a nice 3G only phone? I dont even get 4G in my area.

Cool, the Samsung Transform looks pretty decent as well. So if I need a family plan, my GF and mom, will probably get the transform.

Back