• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Things disappear from the screen.

Kelemvor

OK, this is weird. Started noticing it last week and have no idea why thsi is happening.

When I run some apps, certain items that are supposed to be on the screen just simply aren't there.

In Google Nav, I open it up and when it showed me my directions, the entire header of the screen (the green bar with the street name, distance to next turn etc) was missing. I exited the app and went back in and it came back.

I was playing a cribbage game and the cribbage board was simply not there. I rotated the phone sideways and it reappeared. Rotated it back to normal and it stayed there.

Used an email program and the header information area wasn't showing up.

Has anyone heard of anything like this before? I can't reproduce it at will but it's very annoying when it happens because it's just like those elements just didn't get drawn on the screen.

Very weird...

S3 w/Verizon
not rooted.

That is odd! Have you tried to reboot, or perhaps pull the battery for a few minutes then put it back in and power up?
See if it reoccurs.
Any new apps installed and then you noticed this phenomenon? Wow, I spelled phenomenon right the first time:p

Actually just found there's an update from Verizon so in the middle of installing that. Since that will reboot the phone as part of it I'll hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom