• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Think Verizon will do an early upgrade?

TheyCallMeBT

Android Enthusiast
Since a lot of people are going to be going to the Galaxy S6 from the Galaxy S4.. and because the S4 was released on May 23, 2013 for Verizon.. do you think that they're going to offer an early upgrade on it? My upgrade eligibility is May 24.

Since a lot of people are going to be going to the Galaxy S6 from the Galaxy S4.. and because the S4 was released on May 23, 2013 for Verizon.. do you think that they're going to offer an early upgrade on it? My upgrade eligibility is May 24.

They said no to me

I am porting a line in to my account from AT&T, and they let my son upgrade on the edge program 2 months early. I don't know if its because I am porting my other line in or not, but they are giving him the S6 on edge, and letting us keep his phone instead of turning it in.

yea, they really want everyone on the edge program so if you feel like changing carriers after a few months or a year, you still owe them hundreds of dollars and that will make some peeps think twice about changing carriers.

yea, they really want everyone on the edge program so if you feel like changing carriers after a few months or a year, you still owe them hundreds of dollars and that will make some peeps think twice about changing carriers.

Not if u wait for a good deal on a phone. If u on want to switch after a year of service, half of the phone should be paid off, and then u can just sell it to recoup the cost. Better than the etf in my opinion..

My family has been looking doing the Edge plan with 3 smartphones and 1 basic. Over the course of 2 years it can be cheaper with certain data plans.

I was ellgible for an upgrade in August of 2015. They gave me a $200 credit for my old droid phone and went on the edge program for $11 a month. I'll be able to upgrade in a year and a half

Last edited:
They did an early upgrade for me. I had an iPhone 5S from two Septembers ago when it first came out and they let me upgrade to the S6 the moment it came out. They forced me on the Edge plan though, which I don't mind.

I got an upgrade 11th months early from a note 3 to the S6. I did have to go to the edge program though. I from 2 gigs of data each with my fiancee to 6 shared with a new phone for an extra 10 dollars per month. Not bad in my book.

I won't join the Edge plan for the simple reason that they require you trade in your "old" phone at time of purchase. That pretty much negates the 15 days you have to return your "new" phone if you don't like it.

You don't have to give them your old phone if you have paid it off. If you haven't finished paying for it, they take it away when you upgrade. Makes perfect sense to me.

You don't have to give them your old phone if you have paid it off. If you haven't finished paying for it, they take it away when you upgrade. Makes perfect sense to me.

I agree that makes sense. But not what I was led to believe by an in-store rep... or at least what I thought he was saying.

I'm on the Edge program. I had signed up early so my renewal, or upgrade, began at 12 months rather than 18 now given. I am due May 10, but just went in and paid the difference in my monthly Edge payment that had been pro-rated from the 10th to upgrade early. In a year, when the S7 (or whatever) comes out, I can Edge up paying the difference of 6 months at $25. I now have 4 devices (S6, two i6's, and the Note Pro.

Back
Top Bottom