• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Thinking about updating my radios...good/bad?

BrianJB

Android Enthusiast
I have been thinking about updating my radios...what are the good/bad that can come of this?

I have heard that updating radios can sometimes cause bricks...any truth to this?

I have been thinking about updating my radios...what are the good/bad that can come of this?

I have heard that updating radios can sometimes cause bricks...any truth to this?

The good is better signal strength and faster download speeds.

The bad is potentially losing your wimax keys (which really isn't an issue because every recovery has the option to back them up). Bricking by updating your radio's is rare, EXTREMELY RARE.

When I update/downgrade my radio's/pri/nv, I flash them individually:

flash radio's then reboot
flash pri then reboot
flash nv then reboot

The good is better signal strength and faster download speeds.

The bad is potentially losing your wimax keys (which really isn't an issue because every recovery has the option to back them up). Bricking by updating your radio's is rare, EXTREMELY RARE.

When I update/downgrade my radio's/pri/nv, I flash them individually:

flash radio's then reboot
flash pri then reboot
flash nv then reboot

So as long as I have a nandroid with my wimax keys backed up, I should be fine?

Another thing, make sure you have at least 50% battery when you flash them. Be patient as they take a while and give no indication of progress. DO NOT pull the battery as it is a sure way to brick your phone.

Back