• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Third Party IR Remote Apps?

portezbie

Android Enthusiast
The Quick Remote app is ok, but I would love something that can also control my receiver.

From the research I've done it sounds like this may not be possible (LG may lock down the ir sensor), but has anyone found a third party ir remote that works with our phone?

Quick remote does have that option, just not on our phones for some reason. My uncle has the lg flex and you can control practically anything with his.

I think the LG G2 has that feature as well. Wonder if we could get the apk for the quick remote app from one of LG's higher end phones and install it on the volt?

You are correct, LG does lock down their ir sensors, so third party apps won't work. And yes, for some reason our Quick Remote app doesn't have as many features as the G2's. I was also wondering if porting their app would work.

Maybe I did this wrong, but I found a stock rooted odex rom for the LG G2 and I extracted the quick remote apk and odex file. I uninstalled quick remote on my phone and copied over the two files to the system apps folder. I changed the permissions. Then i rebooted. Then I tried to install the apk, but it just says the application did not install.

Maybe I did something wrong or maybe it just doesn't work?

Back
Top Bottom