• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root this phone bugs me

kninetimmy

Sep 8, 2010
i love this phone but holy crap this is the second time iv got the 5 vibrate thing and from what i hear and have read its from hitting volume+ upon boot and while it boots it will no longer boot while plugged in if i boot it then plug it in it will work now im gonna take it to verizon for another cause this is actually a replacement and this one has speaker issues but holy crap seems really freaking to brick this phone like wth

Hitting volume up while booting, enables diagnostic mode. That will only happen if you are s-off, and has nothing to do with the quality of the phone (it's considered a feature). Pulling the battery gets you out of it. Just be careful not to hit the button when you are turning it on.

However, the quality check on the refurbs before they send them out is still terrible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones