• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tip - Reading in web browser

Mar

Hey,

People have probably already found out but I just found out this great feature and I thought I would share.

A lot of people have said that they didn't have text reflow when zooming in the browser. Apart from the fit text in the advanced settings in the browser which makes the text reflow nicely there is also another option. When the page has loaded a green R appears at the end of the URL on top of the page. If you press that the webpage is reformatted in a reading pane and it is nice and easy to read with options to increase or decrease font. Once you are done reading you can press back or Done on the top of the page and it takes you back to the original website.
Pretty neat :)

That's all

PS This is for the stock browser.

Are we talking about the stock browser? Anyone know of these features in Chrome or Dolphin (The two extremely better browsers haha).

Hey,

People have probably already found out but I just found out this great feature and I thought I would share.

A lot of people have said that they didn't have text reflow when zooming in the browser. Apart from the fit text in the advanced settings in the browser which makes the text reflow nicely there is also another option. When the page has loaded a green R appears at the end of the URL on top of the page. If you press that the webpage is reformatted in a reading pane and it is nice and easy to read with options to increase or decrease font. Once you are done reading you can press back or Done on the top of the page and it takes you back to the original website.
Pretty neat :)

That's all

Where are you seeing this? Can't seem to find it. Are you using stock browser?

Where are you seeing this? Can't seem to find it. Are you using stock browser?

Yep as I said this is the stock browser. I'll add it in the original post. The green R comes up at the end of the URL bar once any page with an article loads. It is a green rectangle with an R in it and what seems to be an open book beneath the R

Yep as I said this is the stock browser. I'll add it in the original post. The green R comes up at the end of the URL bar once any page with an article loads. It is a green rectangle with an R in it and what seems to be an open book beneath the R

Nothing like that here...on stock browser (or in Chrome).

Attaching pictures. First one you can see the green rectangle with the R and the next one is what happens once you press it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-13-23-34-53.png
    Screenshot_2012-07-13-23-34-53.png
    247.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_2012-07-13-23-35-13.png
    Screenshot_2012-07-13-23-35-13.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 68
God bless you for sharing that tip! I have a new S4 and I was going crazy because of the eyestrain and the hassle of constantly scrolling around and resizing text - problems I had never had with my old phone.

You've saved me the trouble of having to post a new thread while feeling most desperate about it.

In the S4, the green icon is at the beginning of the URL.

ETA: Unfortunately, it doesn't work with all Web pages.

Back
Top Bottom