• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tips/tricks for using Franco's Kernel?

CYNICALifornia

Android Enthusiast
Had my N7 for a few days now and I love it. First thing I did, right out of the box, was root it. After doing some research I installed Franco's Kernel. I'm happy with it thus far, so I bought the updater app on play (keep on cooking Franco). Suddenly I have a whole bunch of options an not much of an idea of what they do.

I more or less understand the governors. But the other options, like undervolting, I/O scheduler, etc escape me.

Anyone willing to teach me a bit?

Cynical: Re Franco's Kernel. I keep coming back to it after trying others. Can't teach you a lot but be careful of undervolting. I got a little too aggressive with it on Franco and it caused my GN to lock up. Because of battery drain issues I am using the Power Save setting. Once I OC'd a little too much to see how to push performance and nearly burned up the back of the phone and again caused crashes. It will take some experimenting to reach your satisfaction level of performance / battery life but it's a fun pastime. Lot's of info and discussion on Franco's thread at XDA as well.

Cynical: Re Franco's Kernel. I keep coming back to it after trying others. Can't teach you a lot but be careful of undervolting. I got a little too aggressive with it on Franco and it caused my GN to lock up. Because of battery drain issues I am using the Power Save setting. Once I OC'd a little too much to see how to push performance and nearly burned up the back of the phone and again caused crashes. It will take some experimenting to reach your satisfaction level of performance / battery life but it's a fun pastime. Lot's of info and discussion on Franco's thread at XDA as well.

Thanks for your input. I just switched to powrsave.

I know there's a lot of info on XDA, and but a lot of it is over my head or buried in the thread.

Thanks for your input. I just switched to powrsave.

I know there's a lot of info on XDA, and but a lot of it is over my head or buried in the thread.
I know. Me too. But the more time I have spent reading on Franco's thread, the more I have learned about this stuff. It slowly gets better.

I understand with Franco kernel you can have your phone on charge and OTG for external devices at the same time. You need the right dual cable, Amazon has them according to things I've read. You'll have to search.

Back
Top Bottom