• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TMobile] Silence boot jingle? -I'm rooted and need help

dwang040

I turned all my settings to silent, yet, when i turn on my phone, it does the jingle. Is this some apps update? If so, how can i get rid of it, i have root btw.

I turned all my settings to silent, yet, when I turn on my phone, it does the jingle. Is this some apps update? If so, how can I get rid of it, i have root btw.

Hi! which device are you using? Also, which carrier provides your mobile service?

You will find that the boot sounds and the ability to silence boot sounds with the 'in software' volume settings are different for every handset. Even amongst the same exact handset, this can vary per mobile carrier. For example the ATT variant might have the ability, whereas the Sprint variant might not. Each carrier employs their own software build and policies.

The HTC M8 has the ability to mute the boot up sound with the volume setting, whereas the LG Optimus F6 appears to not have this ability.

Since you have root access, you have the ability to remove or modify the audio file that is played during software boot up on your Optimus F6. You can also change or modify the graphical animation that plays while booting.
Sometimes there is a build.prop that is a flaggable option for silent booting.

Check out this thread in the MetroPCS Optimus F6 variant forum:
AndroidForums.com | (MetroPCS) Optimus F6-All Things Root - No default boot sound?

BRAINZ is around, he might be able to help you locate the file on your device for you to remove/edit for the boot up sound. :)

I turned all my settings to silent, yet, when i turn on my phone, it does the jingle. Is this some apps update? If so, how can i get rid of it, i have root btw.

If you haven't figured it out:

- use root browser and go to system/media/audio/ui
- rename PowerOff.ogg & PowerOn.ogg to Poweroff.ogg.bak & PowerOn.ogg.bak
- reboot

Back