• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root To decrypt or not to decrypt

ajdroidx

Android Expert
I figure while I am waiting for my N6 we could have a chat about encryption vs decrypting. Now, I already plan on root and unlocking my bootloader so thats a moot point right there. The encryption issue? Well I am on the fence about that. I suspect roms (I don't think I will be playing much with roms, aside from finding pie control) the encryption? Its either or for me I suppose.

Will I really notice a speed increase? I don't really game, just social media / web and some photos. I do know either way, any other updates will require a device wipe since the bootloader will be unlocked and device rooted and I know if I think I may want to disable encryption I might as well do it while the device is fresh from the box. But perhaps I should set up minimally to check for problems before I delve into hacking the thing.

So, thoughts? Are you encrypted? Did you disable it?

I don't bother decrypting.

The phone boots faster with it decrypted, but I honestly don't see a benefit other than that. The device still flies even with encrpytion on.

It was something people did early on to get better benchmark scores, but that was before benchmarks were updated to deal with encryption and 5.0. (Not that you should put any weight into benchmark scores anyway ;) )

Back
Top Bottom