• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

To wait or not?

I am in love with the atrix, and for it is the perfect phone for me, however the more I have been thinking, I am feeling like I would really like to have a high end android phone with a slide out keyboard.

My question is, Do you think that at&t could release any high end androids with keyboards any time soon, and should I wait, or should I just get the atrix now because I really like it?

Not likely any will come out soon. If there are any coming soon, they will probably be announced February 7th at Mobile World Congress, so you'll know by the time the Atrix comes out.

But I'm pretty sure the new phones that are announced at MWC won't be released (at least in the US) until June at the earliest, which is a good 4 months away.

I can't tell you to wait or not. I can tell you once you get used to an on screen keyboard using a slide out keyboard will take some getting used to and may find you don't like it, especially if you use swype. I don't think I could ever go back to using a slide out keyboard. If you decide to wait you could be waiting a while, so it just really depends on how badly you want a new phone.

Back