• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Toggle Noise Reduction During Call

Vlad Soare

Jun 13, 2015
Bucharest, Romania
Hello,

The attached picture, which I found on the internet, shows a switch that turns the noise reduction feature on or off during a call. However, my screen doesn't look like that. Unfortunately I don't know how to get a screenshot during a call (the usual air gesture doesn't seem to work), but I can tell you I can only see the lower six buttons, plus the "Extra Volume" switch. The "Hold", "Personalize Call Sound" and "Noise Reduction" are missing. I don't care about the first two, but I'd like to be able to turn on the noise reduction feature when necessary.
I know I can turn it on in the Call app settings, but that would leave it on permanently. I would prefer to keep it normally off, and to activate it quickly and easily only when I need it (that is, when the other party complains about background noise), and only for the duration of that respective call.

The Android version is 5.0.

Is there any way of making the Noise Reduction switch appear on the in-call screen?
Thank you.

gsmarena_002.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones