• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Too many server redirections

Hi! I have a problem while surfing with my new Dell Streak. When going to certain websites (may blogs and forums), I get an error message saying (in swedish, since I

You're on 1.6 if you press menu to unlock
You're on 2.2 if you slide to unlock (2.1 also I think)

To check for updates:
settings-> about phone -> system updates (you may lose stored data if you update)

In general, to check your Android version, build #, etc:
settings-> about phone -> Android version
settings-> about phone -> build number
settings-> about phone -> Baseband version

Should look something like this (some example I copied -- too lazy)
Android 2.2.
Baseband GAUSB1A130900-EU (309 I think)
Build 11548

So that link I posted should be:
Baseband *318*
Build 12821
http://mobileupdate.dell.com/PackageProductionLocations/Streak_318_12821_00.pkg

You didn't list your baseband/build information. If it's older than the one listed below, you can try updating to it by clicking on it.

Q. I bought my Streak Unlocked, I received the OTA Froyo update, but I am getting the redirect error. When will Dell fix this
?

UPDATED 12-14-10
A. Here is the latest Android 2.2 update for the unlocked phones that are currently on Dell version 3.09 or 3.15 that fixes the issue with browser redirect errors:
http://mobileupdate.dell.com/PackageProductionLocations/Streak_318_12821_00.pkg

I downloaded the uppdate, but how do I install it? What versions should I check for? Kernel, OEM or just simply version? Baseband: gausb1a131500-eu, kernel: 2.6.32.9-perf, version: 12332

Did you click on the link from your Streak's browser? I can't remember for sure but I think it was automatic after that.

Looks like you're on 3.15 build 12332.

Yes, I did click the link, and downloaded (twice). It only says I downloaded, but there is no installation notice. I also checked for update using the auto update function on the phone.

I downloaded it in the native browser, clicked on it from the notifications bar. Then it offered to "Update now" or "Update later" so it seems to be working for me -- I'm also on 3.15.

Back
Top Bottom