• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touchscreen broken, Bypass lockscreen in order to back up?

Hi my Sony Xperia Z3 just cracked a while ago and the touchscreen itself is not working and its locked. I am currently trying to find out possible ways to get to the internal storage of the phone to back up some files?

Not that i know of. You have to unlock the phone in order to access the sdcard or internal stoarge.

Its only going to cost about £50 to get the screen repaired. Its annoying but nowhere near the end of the world.

If you plug the phone into the PC you get access too all the content on both the internal storeage and Micro SD card, if you also have PC companion you have several option of what you can do with the phone, back up is one for them, so if your screen is broke this will allow you to get stuff off it

If you plug the phone into the PC you get access too all the content on both the internal storeage and Micro SD card, if you also have PC companion you have several option of what you can do with the phone, back up is one for them, so if your screen is broke this will allow you to get stuff off it
Unfortunately @BigBrisy, this isn't true. If you have any kind of security you cannot access anything via PC or Companion until you have put that code/pattern etc into the phone whilst it is plugged in through the USB.

Ah well ,there you go, every day is a school day, I never have security on my phone so didn't realise it stops you from seeing the content when plugged into the computer

Back