• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tracking AF button heading and button greyed out

Pinmac1

Android Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2011
UK
Some while ago I found on the net somewhere some suggested settings for Pro mode in certain circumstances. I put a shortcut on my home screen to be able to access this directly and it worked well. Suddenly I cannot even get Pro mode to focus at all. The Tracking AF heading and button are greyed out in Settings is greyed out so I don't know if this is the problem?

Reactions: sweetndreemy73
What are you using to create the shortcut to these settings?
I'm thinking the camera app was updated and paths or activities we're renamed, causing your automation shortcut to fail.
Try deleting that shortcut and creating it from scratch by manually resetting the settings. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Upvote 0
Sorry, no, it's not the shortcut that's failing. I can still tap the shortcut and it takes me in to Pro and not Auto but am completely unable to auto-focus in Pro and the Tracking AF button and heading in Settings are greyed out so I can't set to auto-focus. I don't know if this is supposed to be the case in Pro though?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones