• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transfer account to a new person = 1 year contract!

BustaNY

Since like 2005 I had my current # with alltel. I was 18 and had no credit so my father was the main person on the account. I pay the bill and new upgrades for myself. I just didn't want to have to pay a deposit.

Well I upgraded to thew Droid Inc and extended my contract 2 years bla bla bla to get the phone cheaper. So my contract is suppose to expire in 2012 sometime. Well I called VZW CSR to see about transferring everything to my name since ive been paying everything for the past 4 years. (Makes it a hassle to change stuff over the phone with them if your not the account holder).

They did a credit check and transferred the line over to me. The CSR said that VZW only transfers 1 year of the contract. So my contract will be up 1 year as of today. And i will be eligible for discounted price/NE-2. As of right now my contract expires 05/06/2011.. but the NE-2 timer says 12/29/2011.. so I dont know if it hasn't updated because i just did this like 20 mins ago or what.

Sorry for the wall of txt, I just thought it was a nice thing to get the INC for the 2 year price + discounts.. and be eligible for a new contract + discounts again in only a year.

If you transfer the phone out of the original account, your warranty will be voided. Just letting you know. You may want to follow up with VZW to make sure that isnt the case with you.

Since like 2005 I had my current # with alltel. I was 18 and had no credit so my father was the main person on the account. I pay the bill and new upgrades for myself. I just didn't want to have to pay a deposit.

Well I upgraded to thew Droid Inc and extended my contract 2 years bla bla bla to get the phone cheaper. So my contract is suppose to expire in 2012 sometime. Well I called VZW CSR to see about transferring everything to my name since ive been paying everything for the past 4 years. (Makes it a hassle to change stuff over the phone with them if your not the account holder).

They did a credit check and transferred the line over to me. The CSR said that VZW only transfers 1 year of the contract. So my contract will be up 1 year as of today. And i will be eligible for discounted price/NE-2. As of right now my contract expires 05/06/2011.. but the NE-2 timer says 12/29/2011.. so I dont know if it hasn't updated because i just did this like 20 mins ago or what.

Sorry for the wall of txt, I just thought it was a nice thing to get the INC for the 2 year price + discounts.. and be eligible for a new contract + discounts again in only a year.
even though the contract ends before the NE2 date it will not change but dont worry on 5/6/11 u should be eligible for annual upgrade if your plan is 79.99 or higher

Back
Top Bottom